Tuesday, January 12, 2010

That your burdens may be light: Elder Clayton

This talk reminded me to face trials with a cheerful heart just like the mission story goes, "happy trials." I loved that he included this powerful testimony from The Book of Mormon:

Mosiah 14:14-16
"And I will also ease the aburdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as bwitnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their cafflictions.
And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did astrengthen them that they could bear up their bburdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with cpatience to all the will of the Lord.
And it came to pass that so great was their faith and their patience that the voice of the Lord came unto them again, saying: Be of good comfort, for on the morrow I will deliver you out of bondage."

There is a GREAT Mormon message by Elder Holland that reminds us to look to the light. Watch it and like it.
-kira
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y22ItxCz0_k

No comments:

Post a Comment